Promoting observation, free range exploration, sense of place and citizen science, through the field notes of a naturalist.







Saturday 24 May 2014

Living in perfect harmony!



Alright I know we've been here before but the Brynmawr roof top gull colony demands my attention every time I'm there or there abouts - sorry poor sporting cliche. The colony was alive with birds yesterday I counted around 108 and was unable to view the whole site due to some sitting on nests within the valley bottom of the pitched roof and therefore out of sight. My estimate would be closer to 140 with 60% in favour of herring gull. 

I was pleased to see the return of the much travelled Blue CHL standing guard over its sitting mate and was amazed by some of the fortress type defences built mainly by brooding herring gull. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...