Promoting observation, free range exploration, sense of place and citizen science, through the field notes of a naturalist.







Tuesday 8 June 2010

Lost property


I'm a bit late with this entry but a sun shiney Saturday morning stroll around Blaenserchan was a wildlife photographers delight. Nesting birds, numerous butterflies and other assorted plants and inverts - what a place! On the way back to my car I came across some lost property in the form of an expelled slow worm tail. Don't recollect having ever recorded this reptile in the valley before, so another tick for me.




1 comment:

  1. A case of "Tails of the Unexpected"! (sorry!)

    Nice shot of Cicindela campestris. Whenever I see this species in close up with their huge eyes and massive mandibles I'm always thankful that they're 2cm and not 2m... L

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...