Promoting observation, free range exploration, sense of place and citizen science, through the field notes of a naturalist.







Friday 30 September 2011

Not as sexy as AGP, fact!


After my previous posting about the LR stitchwort I've now reviewed my bold yet woeful identification attempt in the light of further information. As I write I hang my head in shame due to need to confess another ID banana skin. A late flowering marshland growing stitchwort just had to me one of the rarer species but alas the above plant is in fact at the very opposite end of the stitchwort rarity lineage. Not marsh stitchwort as stated but the common or garden, found everywhere, lesser stitchwort. Oh well nothing ventured nothing gained. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...